Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Kindergarten Pastel Peacocks


The theme for this month's class is Wings and Fins (birds and sea creatures.) We broke down the parts of this gorgeous creature in steps. I told my kinders they could create an imaginary peacock using whatever colors they desired or more realistic colors. I love seeing where fearless five year olds go from there. Most of my group were headed to get ice cream at Cold Stone with their Girl Scout troop afterward, so they were Extra Exuberant - as you can see! (Silly Miss Mary asked,"Now are you all Girl Scouts or Brownies?" We're Girl Scouts. We're not Brownies because we don't sell brownies." Lol!)  And despite all my little tips and tricks, most of these cuties were covered in beautiful hues up to their elbows and some great face smudges. It's not art class if you're not getting a little dirty!
Link to the original post of this lesson is here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Those are absolutely beautiful! I'm amazed those were made by Kindies.
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! They do have a lot of energy and personality!

      Delete
  2. I was going to say the same thing as above! I can't believe these artists are only in Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!