Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Mixed Media Woodpeckers

 Abby, 1st

Ian, 3rd

 
I love how the "happy accident" of running watercolor looks like dripping sap.
Amanda, 4th

 Lacie, 4th

 Maggie, 1st

Yellow Bellied Sapsuckers to be exact. File this one into the, "when all else fails, do a bird project category." I find that bird art lessons are great for multi-age range groups. My 1st through 4th graders created these with a variety of media to choose from: watercolor, oil pastel, and colored pencil.We looked at photos of actual Sapsuckers. The children could create a realistic or "fantasy" colored bird. They also had the option of adding an extra layer of acrylic sponge painted leaves which I think adds a nice sense of depth.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this project! beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Добрый день, Мэри! Чудесные работы - прекрасная идея для урока рисования!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!