Friday, February 24, 2012

Eyeful of Eiffels


This project is loosely based on Robert Delaunay's Eiffel Tower painting from 1924 and these oil pastel inspirations I saw on Artsonia. And of course I was so smitten by the film "Midnight in Paris", I wanted to do something Parisian. These were done on large blue construction paper with oil pastel line work and chalk pastel colors. We took the basic cropped shape of the Eiffel Tower and added our own shapes and designs. If I had extra time, glue lines would add an extra boldness. Artwork by 7-9 year olds.

7 comments:

  1. I just LOVE the look of oil (and regular) pastels on colored paper. The designs and colors in these towers are terrific!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tres Magnifique, Mary! I using chalk and oil pastel together too. These are very abstract and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what fun these are to look at! Unique interpretation of a fun artist - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! These look great! The results are wonderful.

    Lovely colors too. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the colors!the perspective! these are just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The lines are very expressive and the colors are brilliant and bold.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and feedback!